Tuesday, February 14, 2012

25th plus 10



Valentines Day 10 years ago was our 25th wedding anniversary. Previously Joelyn said she wanted to do something special for our 25th - celebration, vacation, etc.; I wasn't keen on the idea.
That Valentines Day morning, I took Joelyn to her regularly scheduled, on-going appointment with her oncologist who wasn't aware it was our anniversary. This was the day Dr Regina referred Joelyn to hospice ... mid-day hospice was at our house with a complete support system:  scheduling nursing & an aide and a hospital bed & oxygen was delivered. That day was special, all right; especially since I still cannot believe I was married for 25 years.

3 comments:

Jody said...

I remember Mom wanting something for her 25th anniversary- but I also remember it kinda just faded away since she wasn't doing well. I didn't know about the hospice referral, though. I also can't believe it's been 10 years since...

Ja'Douwe said...

The last few years, I have gone over this again & again in my head (I have told it a couple of time to judge reaction); SO, now it is out-of-my-mind ...

YRas said...

Dewey - Your photo and comments brought a flood of memories and emotions for me, as well. I think we all have regrets about things in the past that we did not really have control over. I wish I had known how very sick she was. I would like to have told her how much I love her and how much her friendship has meant to me all these years. I think she knew - but it would have been nice to tell her one more time. She was an extra special person and those of us who knew her well will never forget her or stop wishing we had just a little more time with her. I am happy she had 25 wonderful years with a dear man who loved her so much. Thank you for continuing a couple of the traditions she and I shared. I am in awe of your thoughtfulness. Yvonne Miller