Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Vanishing Buzz

"Vanishing of the Bees" is a documentary about the honeybee genocide ... I had assumed Colony Collapse Disorder was Israeli Acute Paralysis Virus not being contained & getting into the US; rather CCD may be the newer systemic pesticide use on mono-culture, industrial farms. I had toyed with the idea of "bee~ng" a nomadic/itinerant bee~herder; however migratory beekeepers are just agri-biz - not for the honey but pollination - & truckers too. Funny~honey is imported.
My criteria for rural living included not being near/downwind from feedlots nor oil fields and avoiding cotton (fertilizers,pesticides,herbicides,& even defoliants at harvest). BUT corn&soy utilizing systemics ought to be avoided too. (Note: I live downwind from both corn&soy; I find soybeans growing in my lawn - I may be taken-out & lynched by the Monsanto posse.)

No comments: